Qualcomm Technologies announced the Snapdragon X65 5G Modem-RF System, its fourth-generation 5G modem-to-antenna solution. It is the world’s first 10 Gigabit 5G and the first 3GPP release 16 modem-RF system. It is the Company’s biggest leap in 5G solutions since the commercialization of its first modem-RF system. It is designed to support the fastest 5G speeds and makes best use of available spectrum for ultimate network flexibility, capacity and coverage. Qualcomm Technologies also announced the Snapdragon X62 5G Modem-RF System, a modem-to-antenna solution optimized for mainstream adoption of mobile broadband applications.
Durga Malladi, senior vice president and general manager, 4G/5G, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc said, “Our fourth-generation 5G modem-RF system is designed for 5G launches globally and brings major innovations from modem to antenna along with extensive spectrum aggregation capabilities across sub-6 GHz and mmWave. This will fuel the rapid expansion of 5G while enhancing coverage, power efficiency and performance for users. And with extended range, high-power capabilities, Snapdragon X65 and X62 are also at the heart of the expansion of 5G into fixed wireless access and cloud-connected computing opportunities”.
Key innovations in the flagship Snapdragon X65 5G Modem-RF System include:
- Upgradable architecture allowing for enhancements, expandability and customization across 5G segments and to enable new forthcoming features, capabilities, and rapid rollout of new 3GPP Release 16 features via software updates.
- Qualcomm® QTM545 fourth generation mmWave antenna module engineered for extending mobile mmWave coverage and power efficiency. This module with Snapdragon X65 Modem-RF System support higher transmit power as compared to the previous generations and support all global mmWave frequencies.
- The world’s first AI antenna tuning technology, allowing for major improvements in cellular performance and power-efficiency.
- Next-generation power-tracking solution that’s smaller, more efficient, and higher performance and cost-effective offering compared to average power tracking technology.
- The most comprehensive spectrum aggregation across all key 5G bands and combinations, providing operators ultimate flexibility in the use of fragmented 5G spectrum assets.
- Qualcomm® 5G PowerSave 2.0, which builds upon new power-saving technologies defined in 3GPP Release 16, such as Connected-Mode Wake-Up Signal.
- Qualcomm® Smart Transmit™ 2.0, a unique system-level technology, that takes advantage of modem-to-antenna system awareness to increase upload data speeds and enhance coverage for both mmWave and Sub-6 GHz bands.
Qualcomm Snapdragon X65 and Snapdragon X62 are currently sampling to customers. Commercial devices based on these Modem-RF solutions are expected to launch by late 2021.
You can read more details here.