Nikon announces the release of the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x and Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0x, teleconverters for the Nikon Z mount system.
The Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x and Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0x increases the focal length of the main lens by 1.4x and 2.0x, respectively. Use of these teleconverters does not change the minimum focus distance and they utilize the AF and VR performance of the main lens for a comfortable shooting experience. Also, teleconverters offer the same superior dust- and drip-resistance as S-Line NIKKOR Z lenses. Fluorine coat on teleconvverter applied to the extreme front and rear lens elements ensures excellent anti-fouling performance.
The Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x and Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0x, expands NIKKOR Z lens’ power of expression in the telephoto range, respond to the expectations of professional and advanced amateur photographers.
When the Z TELECONVERTER TC-1.4x is used with the NIKKOR Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S, the focal length on the telephoto end is extended to 280 mm. When the Z TELECONVERTER TC-2.0x is used, it increases to 400 mm. These new teleconverters will also be compatible with applicable interchangeable lenses for Nikon Z mount mirrorless cameras that will be released in near future.
- Extend its focal length by 1.4x or 2.0x, while further expanding the breadth of telephoto expression.
- Does not change the minimum focus distance of the main lens. Optical designs to minimize the various aberrations that can occur when teleconverters are used.
- These teleconverters use the superb AF and VR performance of the main lens.
- Dust and drips protected with the adoption of effective sealing on various sections as well as rubber lens-mount gaskets on both the lens and camera mounts.
- Adoption of Nikon’s original fluorine coat make removing dust and water droplets easy if they do adhere to the lens.
Nikon aims to pursue a new dimension in optical performance while meeting users’ needs.
You can read more details here.