Nikon announced the release of NX Studio (Ver.1.0), a new software that enables the viewing, processing, and editing of still images and video captured with a Nikon digital camera. The software is available for download without any cost.
NX Studio allows users to enjoy the viewing, processing, and editing of still images and video, and provides more intuitive operation. By integrating the functions of company’s image viewing software, ViewNX-i, and image-processing and editing software, Capture NX-D, users now can view, process, and edit images with a single software.
Nikon NX Studio features a user interface inherited from ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D, while further achieving intuitive operation and a functional yet simple design with functions organized by workflow into three areas: data import, viewing, and editing.
- The viewing, processing, and editing of still images and video can be completed seamlessly.
- Features a menu structure categorized by workflow, and a functional yet simple design.
- Features a variety of display options, such as filmstrip with both horizontal and vertical preview options, as well as a 2/4 screen comparison option, in addition to a simple and easy-to-read shooting information display.
- Supports the precise editing of images with detailed editing functions such as color control points that enable the adjustment of colors within a specified area, and a retouch brush for the removal of dust and scratches in the image.
- Easy-to-understand user interface with menu items and terminology that match those of Nikon cameras.
- Users can choose how adjustment information is saved, whether in a separate file using the sidecar file format or directly to the image file itself.
- Includes XMP/IPTC information editing and preset management functions.
- Works with other software such as Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2.
You can read more details here.