MediaTek announced its newest 5G SoC, the Dimensity 800U. The 7nm Dimensity 800U chipset is for multi-core high performance and 5G+5G Dual Sim Dual Standby (DSDS) technology. With Dimensity 800U MediaTek accelerate the rollout of 5G technology on mid-tier 5G smartphones.
Dr. Yenchi Lee, Deputy General Manager of MediaTek’s Wireless Communications Business Unit said, “MediaTek has always focused on enhancing the user experience with our leading semiconductor technology, whether consumers are streaming, gaming or taking photos. MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U brings cutting-edge, next-gen technology to the Dimensity SoC series, bringing MediaTek’s advanced 5G, imaging and multimedia technologies to high-performance 5G smartphones that deliver incredible 5G experiences”.
The 5G modem in MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U supports sub-6Ghz SA and NSA networks and cutting-edge technologies such as 5G+5G dual SIM dual standby (DSDS), dual Voice over New Radio (VoNR), and 5G two carrier aggregation (2CC 5G-CA).
The Dimensity 800U delivers high performance and also minimizing power consumption.
The SoC has an octa-core CPU with a dual cluster consisting of two Arm Cortex-A76 processors with a clock speed of 2.4GHz and six Arm Cortex-A55 processors with a clock speed of 2.0GHz, for incredible performance. Dimensity 800U integrates an Arm Mali-G57 GPU, an independent AI processing unit (APU) and LPDDR4x RAM.
MediaTek’s Dimensity 800U offers:
- Support for 120Hz FHD+ displays with high refresh rates for fast and smooth gaming experience and media streaming
- Support for the HDR10+ standard for enhanced visual quality, plus the integrated MediaTek MiraVision PQ engine with HDR optimization for videos.
- Support for up to 64MP cameras and quad camera capabilities
- Integrated APU and ISP for series of AI camera-enhancing functions.
- Support for voice on wakeup (VoW) and dual-mic noise reduction technology, reducing the standby power consumption of a voice assistant.