In April 2020, Intel introduced 10th Gen Intel® Core™ S-series desktop processors, with Intel’s flagship Core i9-10900K processor. It is the world’s fastest gaming processor. Its speed reaches up to 5.3 GHz with Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost. 10th Gen Intel Core desktop processors deliver a new level of experience in gaming.
Brandt Guttridge, Intel senior director of the Desktop Products Group said, “Intel is committed to enabling the future of powerful desktop gaming by continuously pushing the performance boundary to deliver an amazing PC gaming experience. The 10th Gen Intel Core S-series for desktops, and the Intel Core i9-10900K processor, the world’s fastest gaming processor reinforces our commitment to the gaming and enthusiast communities.”
10th Gen Intel Core i9-10900K is equipped with 10 cores, 20 threads, and DDR4-2933 memory speeds. It powers the ultimate gaming experience, allowing more tuning control, faster multitasking and smoother gameplay. The new “Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0” provides automatic performance boosts on lightly threaded applications.
Improvements as compared to the previous generation include:
- Up to 63% more fps in gaming compared with a 3-year-old PC.
- Up to 12% faster video editing compared with the previous generation.
- Up to 18% faster 4K video editing compared with the previous generation.
- Overall Up to 31% better system performance compared with a 3-year-old PC.
Key features of 10th Gen Intel Core S-series processors include:
- Intel Thermal Velocity Boost across single-core and multicore workloads up to 5.3 GHz.
- Intel Hyperthreading Technology.
- Enhanced Core & Memory Overclocking enabled by new unlocked and overclockable 10th Gen Intel Core processors.
- Intel® Ethernet Connection I225 delivers greater than two times the network speeds of 1GB Ethernet on existing cabling.
- Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 gives responsive gameplay and almost three times faster downloads and reliable connections.
10th Gen Intel Core S-series processors are expected to be globally available through normal retail channels from start May.